View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What does "nein" mean?

I don't have the ability you do to root for the jersey as opposed to the human wearing the jersey. (Or in the case of the coach, the suit or sportcoat.) I know a lot of people around here do, but I just don't get it. (And for that matter, I don't believe them, not in the least.) If the Mavericks were somehow able to strike a trade, today, roster for roster with the Spurs--I mean it, entire roster for entire roster--would your enthusiasm for the new team not change one iota from where it was before?

See, for me it would change a lot. I love me some Dirk Nowitzki. I love me some Adrian Griffin. I love me some Josh Howard. I love me some Marquis Daniels. I love me some DeSagana Diop. On certain nights I even love me some Jason Terry or Erick Dampier or Jerry Stackhouse or Devin Harris. Oh, and I really love me some DJ Benga.

I have a certain attachment to those guys, you know. On one level, it's the jersey they wear. But there are levels deeper than that.

I do realize that the more casual fan such as yourself does not form such strong attachments to the individual players involved. You are more interested in box scores than biographies. If that works for you, fine, but please understand that there are fans such as me who get a bit more involved.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote