View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #38
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
OrangeDays, there a lot of people in these parts who lived through the thrills of the late 80's and suffered through the 90's. A lot. You would be well served to try to learn something from them, rather than dismissing them out of hand.
Sir, again you presume. I am certainly not dismissing anyone - if anything, I would say that you are the one being dismissive.

I frequent these boards and read the comments of many veterans with the purpose of learning more about the Mavericks. If I weren't trying to learn, why would I come? I don't think I've come off as any sort of holier-than-thou poster (well, most of the time).

You have seriously misunderstood me if you believe my intent is to dismiss those who have been around longer than I. The point of my previous post was that one should not hang their hat on tenure alone and wave-off those of us who may not have the benefit of an additional decade of Mavericks-watching. I respect people for their insight and opinions, not age, post-count, or how long they've watched the Mavs. That said, I have the utmost respect for the vets around here, I merely feel that such respect should be reciprocated if a young'un has proven his (or her) worth. You are an amiable guy. Would you agree with that?
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote