View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
a "farce" when he hinself admitted his addiction? no, he himself said a big mea culpa.

I guess I have a different view of justice, if I was innocent of a crime I would go to every length possible to defend myself. an easy surrender would never cross my mind.

there is an impact btw, he has to pay several thousands of dollars to reimburse the county for the costs of the investigation (which totally contradicts the idea of a "witchhunt") and is on probation for a year and a half. if he stumbles during that period he will face a less lenient court. if the da were indeed "over-zealous" he sure as heck wouldn't be giving limbaugh the chance to a graceful exit.

his "liveihood" has been damaged as he has been revealed to be nothing but hypocritical.
I would imagine his ratings are still what they were, therefore his livelyhood hasn't been damaged. Go ask Air America about how much his livelyhood has been affected.

With respect to your statements about the court, I believe you are just being naive. Or just argumentative.

It's never been about the addiction, it's been about this DA trying to bring felony charges against him to put him and jail and subsequently "get him off the air". I would expect that was more of the reason for the case than anything. Or something to do with the fairness doctrine being trotted out by the left to counter-act talk radio.

Again thank you lord for keeping democrats out of office. You really messed up that clinton one, but with BushI and Dole as the candidates, that might have been a bigger miracle than even you could tackle.

--------------
Thought I would answer for Air America. Limbaugh looks pretty steady to me, Franken not so.

Quote:
Between the hours of 10 A.M. and 3 P.M., the period that includes Al Franken's program, Air America drew a 1.4-percent share of the New York audience aged 25 to 54 in Winter 2005. That number is the latest in a nearly year-long decline. In Spring of 2004, Air America's first quarter on the air, it drew a 2.2-percent share of the audience. That rose to 2.3 percent in the Summer of 2004, then fell to 1.6 percent in the Fall of 2004, and is now 1.4 percent — Air America's lowest-ever quarterly rating in that time and demographic slot.

The ratings also show WABC radio, which airs Rush Limbaugh, consistently beating Air America in New York City even though Franken had at one time claimed to be beating the conservative host there. In the 10 a.m. to 3 P.M. period in the Winter of 2005, WABC (and Limbaugh) won 2.7 percent of the audience to Air America's 1.4 percent. In Spring 2004, WABC beat Air America 2.7 percent to 2.2 percent. In Summer 2004, WABC won 2.7 percent to 2.3 percent. In Fall 2004, WABC won 3.6 percent to 1.6 percent.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote