View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #131
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
I'm not picking Artest to be my number one scoring option though, I'm picking him to be my number one defensive player. I don't know if most, but a lot of MVP candidates and candidate types, are swingmen. When my team plays teams with those guys, I want Artest guarding them. They might get their average, or they might get close to their average score, but they're not going to shoot their average percentage, and they're not going to, or they are a heckuva lot less likely to get their timely shots at the end of quarters.
You're ignoring the first part of my argument. What's Artest to do against Nowitzki, Brand, Bosh, Garnett, Gasol, O'Neal, Duncan, et al? There are alot of good swingmen out there and sure Artest will do his job against them, but as I said in my previous post, this is fast becoming a power forward-dominated league, and Artest is out of position.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote