View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #136
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I wouldn't think that anecdotal game evidence is an accurate metric by which to measure Artest's defensive prowess (I presume I could find just as many examples of games where he effectively guarded the opposing #1 option). We don't know how much time he spent defending each of the players you are listing, what kind of playing time he received, or other pertinent factors.

Looking purely at the +/- figures (an admittedly imperfect metric, especially considering the drop-off from Artest to the next-best-player at his position) I would argue that he has been a serious defensive presence, particularly in his time with the Kings.

I would be very interested to see what the data has to say about opposing player performance while being defended by Artest. EDIT: for this season.

Last edited by orangedays; 05-02-2006 at 02:36 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote