View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Its funny that you mention breaks, since you are the one ready to throw a possible sexual assault victim under the bus because you believe its possible that she waited to report something (nevermind the fact that the date of the report has not even been mentioned).
"Under the bus"? Goodness mary. A person puts an opinion on the table and suddenly he's condemning another person? I'm confused as to why you're so strongly against my expressing my opinion.

And perhaps you missed this little nugget: "Of course, if the complaint was filed previously, then my inference would be incorrect" from post #15.

Quote:
I fail to see how the fact that the accused is a high-profile athlete means that a woman isn't being "reasonable" if she doesn't report a sexual assault immediately. In fact, it would probably generate even more fear, especially considering how society seems to view such women as someone who is just out to make a quick buck.
So wait. You are saying that society views such women as, "someone who is just out to make a quick buck." Then, you're questioning me for...sharing that opinion? If society...society...holds this opinion, why are you so surprised when a member of that society presents it? (My apologies for being a smart aleck here).

But back on point - let's ignore the rationale behind my opinion for a moment. It would appear that I have offended you with my words, which was certainly not my purpose (you know I heart you mary). I am a staunch supporter of rape victims and believe that rape is one of the worst crimes perpetrated by humans on other humans, so please do not castigate me as some heartless schlub damned to antiquated thinking. That being said, something just doesn't smell right with this particular scenario. If you believe I am jumping to conclusions, well, I'm sorry but I can't really change how I feel.

Quote:
Cool it with the witchunt references.
Cheerfully withdrawn.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote