View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Yeah, but come on... He isn't even the best player on his team, (and sure, that could be argued, but I would love to take that argument on)...

I just can't put Yao in over Shaq... Not even at this stage of each of their careers. Maybe in a year or two IF Yao becomes the player he was becoming before his injury this past year, but that is a big IF. He was frankly an underachiever before this past year, (a guy that big and strong should be DOMINATING this league, and only last year did he show traces of that).

I guess I just need to see more absolute dominance out of him before I personally would include him. I know he is your man and everything, but I am just trying to be honest.
His performance has been disappointing for a long time. You don't know how happy I was to see him finally sack up (though I'd certainly like to hang my hat on that toe injury). We will monitor his progress in the next year or so and if he continues to improve then I will lobby, at such time as is appropriate, for my man Yao's inclusion .
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote