View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
Dirk:

#1 in Player efficiency
#3 in offensive rating
#2 player wins behind Lebron
#1 in Win Shares

These are the stats that count. The ones that determine if a team wins or loses. Yes Lebron and Kobe get alot of points, and they shoot alot of shots, and Lebron creates for his team, but when you look at it, Lebron is the only option on their team. Then you can see that on the usage rating, Lebron is4th behind Kobe, AI, Wade, you get the idea,. Lebron hsa to be used all the time cause again, he is the only option. Dirk doesn't have to be used all the time and yet he still produces for his team at the highest level. So of course Lebron has to score. Lebron is on 2 lists. Dirk is top 3 in all of them. Check them out.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2006.html
68... So much of that has to do with the players around Dirk though. Surely you can't argue that Terry, Stackhouse, Daniels, Dampier, Diop, Howard, Harris, etc... are less talented than Kobe or LeBron's help. We have a GREAT team with a GREAT superstar. Kobe and LeBron are GREAT superstars but have only DECENT teams. That just can NOT be overlooked when factoring in some of those stats. When you don't absolutely have to force everything yourself, you can be a great deal more efficient. When you have the better team, you will have more overall victories. Sure give him the Winshares, but I am just saying...

Again, (and I feel like I have to keep saying this because I might be coming off as knocking Dirk and giving love to these other guys), I love Dirk and his game, but we need to step back and look at the facts too. I think Dirk deserved the MVP because we did have more wins, and he had great stats that rivaled these other guys; however, I am not so gullable as to believe that if you put Kobe or LeBron on our team minus Dirk that they couldn't have taken this team to as many wins, (or just maybe more).