View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 01:35 AM   #95
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Actually it was at 2:05. Doubled teamed, Duncan kicks it out to Ginobli, who drives the lane, blowing by Howard. Dirk comes up from the baseline to stop the penetration, so Manu kicks out to an open Bowen at the 3 point line. At least he looks open, until Dirk lunges over and tries to steal the pass. That disrupts Bowen who misses the pass and turns the ball over.

I agree Dirk needs to shoot more. But I am hugely impressed with his leadership, his ways of winning without dominating the ball, his total devotion on the defensive end. Even 4 offensive rebounds. He's decreased his scoring, but elevated his game.

And to think this thread was stared by someone who said Dirk lacked the Cajones to win at this level, or some such crap.
Okay, you're right, I've got that one. I wouldn't necessarily say Manu blew by Howard, because Howard looked to be in position to swat his shit into the third row, but okay. Dirk stopped the penetration, and Dirk put a hand on the ball to force it out of Bowen's (potentially three-point-shooting) hands. It was a terrific defensive play by the big German.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote