View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #1084
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
That is a very fair and very well-spoken argument, Spiral. But consider this: If the Pacers had amnestized Miller and he had gone to the Nets, would the Pacers fans have booed him?

If so, then you are surely right. But I like to think that there are fans who have memories. I like to think that there are fans who form a certain sort of relationship with the player.
First of all, Michael Finley is not a first-ballot hall of famer. Second, if the bad blood between the Nets and the Pacers was anywhere NEAR as prevalent as the current Mavs/Spurs one is, then yes, I think Pacers fans just might boo him. That is if Miller was about 2/3's of the player he was in actuality, and the most success the Pacers had ever enjoyed was one trip to the Eastern Conference finals, and Jermaine O'Neal told them to.

It's not a valid comparison, chum. Kings/Lakers, or Pistons/Bulls would be a better comparison. If Joe Dumars had been released and went to the Bulls at the height of those team's hatred for eachother, would you call Pistons fans classless (well, okay, more classless than you thought they were) for booing him if Isiah Thomas told them too? Would you call Kings fans classless if they booed Mike Bibby in a Laker uniform during the WCF, after Chris Webber had told them to?

Quote:
I happen to think that Dallas fans are beyond classless, and that it comes directly from the top.
Well, chum, calling Mark Cuban classless is fine, but to say that Dallas fans are any fucking different, that is to say, have less class than other NBA fans, then you, and all the others chastizing the rest of us for doing what Dirk Nowitzki, someone who means twice as much to this franchise as Michael Finley EVER meant, tells us to, are not only wrong, you're self-richeous pricks.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-20-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote