View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 01:45 AM   #36
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Let's quit throwing around $50MM as a number. The Spurs were glad to throw around $15MM+ to Finley over the same three years. So it's $35MM max. And considering the other contracts that the Mavs could have washed, it's well less than that.

All told, it's maybe $20MM that Cuban saved on Finley. And maybe a second-round exit that he bought with it.
The Spurs weren't in luxury tax hell, the Mavs are.

Also, I think it should be very clear (although it's not for some reason) that it was a basketball decision as well. As if Fin's age and production didn't factor into the equation... Not to mention that there seemed to be a growing rift between Fin and AJ.

Seriously, I think that was the single biggest reason for Finley leaving. It seemed painfully obvious last season that the team wasn't big enough for both Finley and Stackhouse. It was one or the other, and Stack was and still is AJ's man.

Now I'm not defending that decision because I'll take Finley over Stackhouse any day of the week, but I'm just sick and tired of all this "Mark Cuban doesn't care about winning" bullshit.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote