View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #48
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...-060521/dalsas
DAILY DIME: SPECIAL EDITION
Mavs at Spurs, Game 7ESPN.com

We asked a handful of ESPN's NBA writers, editors and commentators to forecast Game 7 between the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs:
Ric Bucher, ESPN The Magazine: It will come down to the wire, as it has in five of the series' first six games. As long as Manu Ginobili is healthy and available at the end, the Spurs complete their epic comeback. If he isn't, the Mavs win for the third time in four visits to that muddy thing they call the Riverwalk.

Scoop Jackson, ESPN.com: While the Spurs have found a way to win the last two games, I see the spirit of Avery Johnson coming through his team and making them believe that they are supposed to win this game. Dallas with the upset.

Chris Palmer, ESPN The Magazine: Can the Spurs get the Big Three to show up on the same day? If yes, it's back to the conference finals. But the Mavs will push it early and often and Jason Terry will drill an 18-footer at the buzzer to win it. Mark Cuban will storm the court. Mavs by 1.

Chris Sheridan, ESPN Insider: Well, we've learned how Tim Duncan really hasn't lost a thing, and we've learned how valuable Jason Terry is to the Mavs' offense. What we're about to learn is how the Mavs perform under pressure in the final two minutes of a be-all, end-all game, because I can't see any way that this one does not come down to endgame execution. I think the Spurs will have the edge there, and I expect them to win.

Greg Anthony, ESPN: The Spurs have played like champions the last two games and should advance. However, the matchups that have caused so many problems throughout the series return for Game 7, and Dallas, I believe, can pull the upset.

John Hollinger, ESPN Insider: San Antonio has the home-court advantage and the championship know-how, but through six games of this series, Dallas has been the better team. I'm guessing this one will go down to the wire just like the last four, but with Jason Terry back in the lineup, Dallas looks poised for the upset.

Marc Stein, ESPN.com: I'll go out on a limb and say this one's going to be close. The Spurs simply haven't shown any spurtability against the Mavs, so I doubt they can win comfortably even though we're obviously due for a runaway. What I don't doubt is San Antonio's ability to squeak through. A comeback from 3-1 down in a playoff series is one of the few things we haven't seen from the Spurs in the Duncan Era, but that changes now. Reason being: Dallas might be better-equipped than the Cavs or Clips talent-wise to win a Game 7 on the road, but the Mavs also faced the toughest emotional recovery from Game 6 of those three teams.

Eric Neel, ESPN.com: Dallas shouldn't be worried about losing Game 6, they should be worried about the way they lost it. They were handing out offensive boards like candy at the end, and Dirk, great as he's been this year, simply did not assert himself. And that was at home, in front of a crowd that loved them. Spurs by single digits.

B.J. Armstrong, ESPN: Continue to watch the Spurs focus on the effort and not the results. Spurs advance.

Ken Shouler, ESPN.com: Low scores don't favor the Mavs, as their three losses in the series show. I expect the Spurs to win because of the defensive tilt of the series now and because it will take a monumental effort for Dallas to upset the Spurs on their home court.

Tim Legler, ESPN: The Dallas Mavericks will be relying on the return of Jason Terry to provide the leadership and floor spacing they lacked in Game 6. They will need a big game out of Dirk Nowitzki. The Spurs should get Tim Duncan 8-to-10 touches on the low block every quarter. I expect Manu Ginobilli to be the difference-maker as the Spurs move on.

Chris Broussard, ESPN The Magazine: While Tim Duncan will bring his A game, this is Dallas' year and their quickness at the guard spots with Harris and Terry will break down the Spurs defense. Dirk will match Duncan - though he'll do his damage from the perimeter -- and the Mavs wil prevail. Yeah, I said it!
digit is offline   Reply With Quote