Thread: Comparison
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2001, 02:20 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

We have another heated debate about who's better, Fin or Dirk, etc...I started a new thread because I didn't want the other to get lost. LAMCHOP was wanting numbers or something and why Finley is shooting 3's better or something, he rambled on so much I got confused, add that with my low IQ in basketball, well, you know...I just checked the last 10 games and looked at free throw attempts and 3-pointers between the 2 and there about even.

Finley Free throws 41-51 (80.39%)
Finley 3-pointers 18-45 (40%)

Dirk Free Throws 57-70 (81.42%)
Dirk 3-pointers 24-60 (40%)

Finley was shooting around 26% in 3 land and has gotten it up to 32.9% for the season, while Dirk went from around 43% to 39.9%

Finley is averaging 77.9% at the line for the season and Dirk is at 84.4%

What does it mean? Finley is getting a bit better at going to the line but has much more room to improve in that area. Dirk has slipped only a little if you could call it that, nothing to complain about obviously. As for the 3-pointers, Fin is being more selective I guess or is just better under pressure out there. Dirk has stayed the same basically.

Now, Im going to lunch with friends but should be back online for the game. Im sure LAMCHOP will have something to knock Finley about while singing the praise of Dirk, I'll just have to hold my breath until I get back to see what he has posted for us that have no basketball knowledge. But, that's ok guys because he'll shed some light for us.