Thread: Bandwagon Fans
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 03:11 AM   #46
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, guys like my one former roommate kind of upset me a little bit. All this sememster he says hardly any words to me about the Mavs. Btw, I'm not subtle about being a Mavs fan with several Mavs posters around my room, and a Marquis Daniels wallpaper on my computer (not to mention, I spent hours reading sites like this). Furthermore, he moves the TV to where the cable cord we had didn't reach the cable outlet thus prohibiting me (and him) from watching any Mavs games in our room. I had to move around to watch Mavs games (saw games from dorm lobby, dorm basement, friends' TVs, sports bars with my dad, and the AAC). It kind of irked me that he moved the TV so I couldn't watch it anymore, especially during basketball season. I know he wasn't paying any attention to the Mavs, or else he wouldn't have commented more on it whenever I came in the room joyous from a Mavs win or such. I pretty much assumed he just didn't care about the Mavs at all.

I read his facebook wall (kind of like college myspace) the other day and see that he has been playfully been bantering with his female friends about how great the Mavs are and that they are going all the way. Why if you didn't know any better, you would think he was diehard, but I'm pretty sure he hopped on the bandwagon during the Spurs series. Oh well, what are you going to do about it?

Oh, and I kind of like the one my supervisor, who has been very vocal in her support of the Mavs, pulled today at work. Today she was listening to some of the game on the radio. I overheard her at one point say, "Which team is Stackhouse on? Is he important?" I assume this was right after the shaq shot to Stack's nose (can't confirm the point in the game as I tried to avoid hearing anything about the game at work so I could watch the recorded game like it was being played live once I got home). Anyways, I just wanted to smack my head against a wall when I heard her say that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote