Thread: Bandwagon Fans
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 02:35 AM   #56
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand it either, or when people that don't follow the NBA make blanket comments. I was playing basketball at a park the other day and some idiot was going on about how lebron was too selfish to ever win a championship. I seriously wanted to punch the guy in the face.

the being said, I'm not going to let it sour me. I moved to the states in 1996 and immediately became an NBA fan, back when the only other sport i'd ever followed was Cricket. I started personally aching every time gary trent was injured, and I used to listen to Matt Pinto on the radio hoping to hell that Cedric Ceballos would get the damn ball. I haven't been as long suffering as a lot of the rest of you guys, but I think those days were greatly enjoyable just because the expectations were low.

I remember the sheer ecstasy of watching Nash hit a prayer 3 from halfcourt in game 3 against Utah when we started blowing them out. Now we're all in stunned disbelief STILL at Nowitzki's 3 point drive against San Antonio. I love this damn game, and I love this damn team, and I'm not gonna let anything sour this year - 20 years from now, when the team sucks, we're gonna say.. remember 2006???
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote