View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road
Default Just For Fun: I have an interesting NBA Hypothetical here...

Maybe this thread is worthless...but I got into this conversation with a few friends and somehow found it fascinating. Here's the question, if by some reason you were given the ability to shoot 100% from the field....and I mean anywhere from the floor, would an NBA team sign you?

So basically...you make every shot. Half court, under your own basket, facing backwards....wherever.....as long as you got the shot off, it would go in. Now, you would have to be able to get the shot off, so it could still get blocked.

The drawback of course is that you would be a complete and total liability on defense...you would be burned and targeted.

I still felt that there are enough moments in a season and in the playoffs that a team would need a basket so bad that they would sign you. Like last night.....imagine after Wade misses those freethrows....you get the inbounds and drain a 3. Or in game 3 or 5. It's tough to figure this out...and maybe it's stupid, but I think a team would take a chance. Your thoughts?
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote