View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 02:01 AM   #38
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

As a former teacher and an expert on learning I don't really see the connection with not being able to read and intelligence. Quite often people with learning disabilities are very bright but get frustrated and start tuning out. Not being able to read could be caused by many factors that have nothing to do with a person being bright or not.

I personally wouldn't want the Mavs to draft ANY Texas player except Aldridge who they certainly won't have access to. As for the 5 rookies (even though they really aren't) you are refering to 4 of them are projects filling out the final roster spots. They've got no bearing on the Mavs drafting a young talented guy in this draft that is ready to play. With the exception of Harris the Mavs would probably trade them all for a top 10 player in this draft and be damned happy about it. If they picked the right guy they'd improve their team dramatically in the process. What I am saying is that if the Mavs sign a couple of impact free agents or draft well then guys like DJ, Rawle, Powell or even Pavel become immediately expendable. If they needed to Dallas would just let them go to clear the roster space.

Last edited by GP; 06-23-2006 at 02:03 AM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote