View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned this a while ago in the how much do we pay terry thread. I have always been a huge hughes fan but the guy is so injury prone its ridiculous. I think he is a better player than jason terry. I also think this could end up blowing up in the mavs faces. What is the mavs biggest weakness? Shooting contrary to what some others might say is the mavs biggest weakness. Specifically people other than dirk that can shoot so he cant be tripled. We are trading one of the 2 players who can make an open jumper other for a guy who cant. That is extremely dangerous. On the plus side, hughes is one of the best defensive 2s in the league if not the best. Which i would deam our second biggest need. I think a lineup of harris, hughes, Jho, dirk, Damp/diop would be AMAZING defensively. I would probably do the deal because i like hughes but its not a slam dunk. As for them doing it, they want out of his contract and would definitely do it. As a matter of fact i dont think its out of the question to get him for stack and da just to take the contract off their hands.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote