View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #46
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
I think James would be a great fit, but this tells me that the Mavs are preparing themselves to let Terry walk.
You know, I never even thought about just letting Terry walk, until you mentioned it. But it does make a lot of sense. If Terry wants ten million a year or something like that, it makes even more sense. James can probably do everything Terry does, if not more. (What did he average last year? 20 points?) And Daniels simply isn't offering much at this point.

Now THIS would be a money-saving move that makes sense to me, because the talent loss would be minimal, and you would save a lot of money. You are even better off if Harris makes strides next year. And for that matter, you can draft a guard on Wednesday.

If this deal is on the table, Terry ain't getting a big offer from the Mavs, I agree. I'm sure we could keep him around for $5 or $6MM per, though.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote