View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #62
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I don't see the fascination with Daniels. He's a non factor. He had ONE good game in the playoffs and that game just happened to be the most important of the season. That ONE game has got everyone's hopes up. If Quis was a viable option, he'd be getting time. Right now, he's a fairly attractive puzzle piece to a number of teams. He gives the mavs nothing. If you can sucker some team into trading a draft pick that nets you Ronnie Brewer, you BETTER make that deal. Brewer is an unbelievable defender. He's a slasher. BUT - even though his jumper is messed up, it's also got promise. Quis' jumper just doesn't show promise to me.

So basically, you trade a guy who gives you nothing for a guy who is already better defensively, has better court vision, and has more potential.

As for Terry/James. I think they're pretty similar. I don't think either one is anything CLOSE to being a pure point guard. If we go into next season with the same "type" playmaker, I see no better outcome. If we can get him for cheap, SURE! I like his game. He's tough. He can hit open 3's. That simple fact makes him a valuable commodity for this team's direction. BUT, he's not going to get you easy baskets in the playoffs. There are very few natural PG's in this league. I would LOVE to have someone like TJ Ford or Heinrick. Give me one of those guys, or someone similar, and all the sudden the offensive burden on Dirk is just a LITTLE bit lighter. I think getting a playmaker at PG is very important right now.