View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Question?

Is GP and I the only people on this board that think, if healthy, that Martin could play the SF position? At least play the SF on defense, on offense, Dirk plays it anyway, and he could play the inside post threat - dunk the basketball - on offense.

I have been convinced that he probably is not the best choice, but am confused by how many people seem to think he is just a PF. I wouldn't even consider him to be one of the better PF in the league. He is 6'9", not 7' or thereabouts. He is known as a tenacious defender, and I don't remember the offense ever having to run through him. He was pretty good at crashing boards, etc.

I would think that a lineup of:
Harris, Howard, Martin (before the knee), Dirk, Diop would be very good defensively against nearly all teams due to all the athleticism there.

Thoughts?
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote