View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I wasn't referring specifically to Rudy Gay or comparing Harvey to Gay. I was comparing Harvey to just about all of the other "athletes" in this draft. We all know Gay is going to be a terrific player. How good we don't know. I was making the point that just because someone is a terrific athlete doesn't make them a terrific basketball player. There is a plethora of 6'1 to 6'3" shooting guards/small forwards in this draft labelled as great 'athletes'. Honestly, guys who are 6'1" won't make it in the NBA if they can't play the point or have overwhelming quickness and shooting ability like Jason Terry. I am thinking that not one player in this draft is quicker than Terry or shoots as well under the NBA lights. That is why I said Telfair would be better than most if not all players in this draft. That kid has some unbelievable skills. But you know what, that really isn't enough to be a terrific NBA player. Lots of guys have terrific skills and suck.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote