Thread: Utah/Dal Rumor
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ape, I think Donnie also mentioned "versatility" in the frontcourt. I could certainly see Boozer adding a different dimension to our frontcourt (as opposed to Damp, who is just a stronger Diop). I could envision Dirk and Boozer paired together for extended minutes against opponents like San Antonio and Phoenix, with Diop and Benga there to provide a different look. And of course Pavel, if he has improved enough to play by next year.

I just feel strongly that two things are working together to make Dampier unnecessary on this team: the (hopefully rapid) growth of our project centers, and the shift leaguewide against big, plodding centers. I also think about chemistry, which was another thing Donnie mentioned, and wonder how good Damp is for this team in that regard.

For many reasons, if it were me I would looking to deal Damp tonight. Jerry West has an itchy trigger finger, evidently, so that could be another partner. There is always the Knicks, but I'm hard pressed to find anything on their roster I care all that much about, unless it's just some way to clean Damp off the books after next season.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote