View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #104
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quarter Finals Matchups

Germany - Argentina
Before the tournament everyone would have picked Argentina to win this game, but now, after four solid wins by the Germans, with a successful offensive line, an improving defense, and the home field advantage, I wouldn't be surprised to see Germany go through to the Semi Finals. After blowing out Serbia 6:0, Argentina didn't impress as much in the last two games. Germany by 2.

England - Portugal
Don't know which team to pick. England hasn't really played that well. Portugal has beaten the Netherlands. I think Portugal plays better, but England will win. Probably a penalty shoot-out (5-4).

Italy - Ukraine
I go with Italy on this one. I like to see an Italy - Germany clash in the next round. The Ukraine plays ugly and they should be happy to have made it so far. Italy by 1.

Brazil - France
Brazil is the favorite, but the uninspired way they played Ghana, this could be a very close game. I expect Henry to score twice. France by 1.

Semi Finals will be a pure European Affair
Germany - Italy
England - France

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote