View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Or how could you explain the year that Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Dirk or Billups had and yet it was Nash who won the award?!
The people that vote for mvp are morons. Quite simply that is the best explanation. There was not one single measure by which steve nash deserved the mvp last year. The year before at least they had the best record even though he wasnt the best player on his own team. As for your formula gp, i agree stats arent everything but to say that KJ wasnt better than DJ(who was dang good himself btw) is just nuts. KJ has i believe 3 second team all nbas when playing against arguably the best pg ever. IMO Magic and Oscar are 1 and 1a or vice versa. Statistically Oscar was alot better but magic was just magic. As for saying hey lets just ignore the stats, the only guy on this list who i could even remotely begin to apply that logic too is Fat lever. All of the other guys won. At least as much as nash. In general the "lets just ignore the stats" argument is a weak attempt to justify making claims that arent defendable by anything but vague memories and cliches.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote