View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Damp a better player than Stack? Har har. That's a good one 5-0. Dampier is a joke. Right up there with Rasho Nesterovic and Jerome James in terms of the number of punchlines he generates. When he was starting for the Mavs, you would be hard pressed to find a worse starting center in the entire NBA. He's a decent backup, I'll give you that. But to compare him to Stackhouse? Stack damned near won the 6th man of the year award last year. While Dampier was racking up DNP-CD in the playoffs, Stack was outscoring our opponents entire bench and helping this team make it to the WC finals.

There's a reason that teams want to trade for Stackhouse, and a reason that the Mavs won't include him in any deals. It's because he's the second best player on the Mavericks.

There's also a reason why some in the Mavs organization wanted to cut Dampier outright last year instead of Finley. It's because he's a no talent bum that hold the team back.

Damp arrived in Dallas with all the pomp of the new franchise Messiah, but he's proven to be no better than any of the Maverick stiffs of years past. He's Eric Montross incaranate! It's time Mav fans gave up on the guy.
Bonzi Wells? I don't care if the rumor was for Bubba Wells.. I do it. Anything so that we don't have to watch this bum suit up for the Mavericks every night for the next 5 years.

Last edited by madape; 07-20-2006 at 12:24 PM.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote