View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I think this would work:

Harris/Howard/Stackhouse/Croshere/KVH/Pavel

for

Pierce/Szczerbiak/Telfair/Scalabrine

Dallas line up

Johnson/Telfair
Terry/Buckner/Ager
Pierce/Szczerbiak
Dirk/Scalabrine
Diop/Dampier/MBenga

Dallas would have an absolutely dynamite rotation, with the only weakness backing up Dirk. The Mavs would be a couple of player short, but Boston could include some cheap rookies/young players (Allen Ray, Leon Powe and/or Dwayne Jones) which they'd have to cut otherwise.

Boston line up

Harris/Rondo/West
Stackhouse/Green/Allen
Howard/Gomes
Jefferson/Grant/Croshere/KVH
Ratliff/Perkins/Pavel

The following year, Grant, Stack, Croshere & KVH would be done with their contracts, with Ratliff to follow the next year.

I don't know that Boston would do this, but it certainly gives them a talented young team to build on. In the next two years, Boston would have an enviable salary cap position.

It puts Dallas in a stronger position to get a championship in the next two to three years, and Boston in a position to become a serious challenger in the East in the two to five year time period.

Seems like win-win to me.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote