View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
underrated if anything. The man almost single handedly won the national championship with the most dominating championship performance in history. Yet the media thinks the players he crushed (bush, leinart, etc) are better.

Young has proven everything he has needed to so far so why not give him a chance to play in the league before calling him "over-rated" based on nothing.
Because Dan and others have already elevated the kid to Johnny Unitas status and he clearly at this point hasn't done anything to earn that type of hype. Ergo...the man is over rated.

Now, before anyone calls me a hater or any other stupid ass nonsense, go back and read any t.u. related thread about his college football days and see how I posted. Vince was simply one of the most amazing athletes that I have ever seen in person and I stated that many times over the years in those threads. I had the pleasure of watching him play several times and he is a very gifted athlete. I'm sure he will enjoy some level of success in the NFL, whether it be as a starter, a career backup, a WR or RB eventually, etc. He is the type of athlete that makes rosters. However, he will not be a superstar QB in the NFL imho. I think the Mike Vick comparison is appropo.

At this point in time Vince Young is a rookie with no experience or skins to hang on the wall. He is over rated tremendously here and he most certainly was overpaid. All of the t.u. nuthuggers want us to proclaim him something he is not.

And the evidence will be shown for all the world to judge soon.

Last edited by Drbio; 07-28-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote