View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #52
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Eaton has good enough stuff that he could be an above average pitcher. Padilla has been darn good and millwood has been solid. I think the rangers could use an arm but there is help on the way from the minors in terms of pitching. Danks volquez and hurley are all very good prospects. Not to mention diamond who wasnt considered THAT much lower on the prospect scale than verlander. On the hitting front, kinsler and laird were the last of our position prospects. THe rangers have had solid pitching for the last two years including this one and the reason they arent winning has much more to do with the bats than the arms. The rangers have to hit. Especially at home. They havent and thats why they have been a middling team.

As far as getting pitchers, exactly what pitchers does everyone seem to think is available? Aside from zito or willis there isnt a single pitcher on the market who is any good and neither of those guys is really on the market. You really want a guy who has a 5+ era in the NL? That translates to around a 6.5 in the AL No thanks.

BTW to put a cap on this trade grade, when i first saw the not on espn news i was pissed because i was CERTAIN we had given up one of the minor league pitchers. I was thrilled when i found out we hadnt.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote