View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #291
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I wish him well, but it doesnt bother me either way, he wasnt gonna do a whole lot here. Does anyone have any clue who we might have traded Barajas to? If its laird could it be part of the tejada trade and we added bedard to the deal? Is there anyone here who WOULDNT do a blalock, laird, Danks, hurley and arias for Bedard and Tejada?
I don't think I'd do it with Laird in there. You're already taking on a huge contract, and giving up your two of your top three pitchign prospects, maybe even top two, and your best position prospect. I'd have to think you could get that done by including, say Botts, instead of Laird.

Adam Morris raised a pretty good point on his blog. Ojeda's played the majority of the season in the minors, and isn't even on the 25 man roster. So it isn't out of the question at all that JD did this just in case he traded one of our catchers, not because he already had or was very close to doing so. We did only send cash, no players of any kind, for Ojeda.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-30-2006 at 06:06 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote