View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #306
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

From John Carroll at Baseball Prospectus:

The source tells me that the Rangers would send Brad Wilkerson and Rod Barajas to Houston for Brad Lidge, Morgan Ensberg and Fernando Nieve.

Now, I'm a Wilkerson apologist. I think he's hurt, and once he has surgery he'd be a really nice player in our outfield. He works pitchers really well, and is underrated defensively.

All that said, I have a hard time believing that can actually be real proposed trade. That would seem to be absolute thievery, unless Ensberg has a contract they're trying to unload. Even then, that seems ridiculously one-sided. Carroll said later in that article that that is the package the Astrols offered for Tejada. Surely it would take more than Wilkerson and Barajas to get that same package....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote