View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #18
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

First off, Stackattack you get an A in my class nice analysis, very well written...

Thought

This is the year that Stack needs to accept a downgraded role. This is akin to what Finley would not do two years ago. Two years ago Finley was clearly the 8th option. Both Quisy and Stack were playing better, and Devin was beginning to show signs of running the offense well, yet Fin insisted on a starting role and being "the man." This led to the infamous Avery chair kicking incident and Finley's subsequent being waived the following off season.

Will stack accept the role of being like Miami's Gary Payton, the 8th or maybe the 9th option? If so, the Mavs will be very, very good. I'm not going to speculate on the negative because I believe Avery has a good enough relationship with Stack to get him to accept a downgraded role.

Offensive Options as I see them:
1. Dirk
2. Terry
3. Howard
4. Buckner
5. Harris
6. George
7. Tony Johnson
8. Stackhouse

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 08-03-2006 at 12:05 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote