View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Extremely well written, you could very well have a future. That said, the mavs added Buckner who will play the 15-20 minutes a game that Adrian Griffin played last year. No net change. They added Croshere who will play the 10-15 minutes KVH played last year, No net change. They added Johnson who will play around 25 minutes a game which is actually less than Marquis did when healthy(i know i cant believe it either). Ager is a rookie who i doubt seriously sees much important time if any barring injuries. As a matter of fact, as far as his shooting goes, Harris' college shooting numbers are pretty similar to his. Considering that the mavs depth was vastly overstated last year due to them starting two backups(Diop and Griff) the team has added a little needed depth but they are most certainly not too deep. Plus, stack, Buck and Harris are injury prone which leads me to believe that we will be more worried about finding someone to play than how we can get everyone on the court. Remember when we started Rawle last year?

I do think the team has improved and I do expect a title but this team is most certainly not "Stacked" relative to a couple of other teams most notably the phoenix suns who actually are stacked. How this team performs will once again come down to how one big blonde German performs. If he is a top 3 player in the nba, the mavs are great. Anything less and they arent. I am completely fine with that since I have complete and utter faith in Dirk.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-03-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote