View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #38
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that what i do think though is that a team whos 9 man rotation has 7 players that beat their opposite number is deeper than the opposing team. As for the 12 good players, i know you arent necesarrily saying the mavs have that but i think some people do think that. The thing is, I think we get into the habit of overrating a few players just because they are mavs. I used to do it too and i still do it to some extent like this year when i griped that josh wasnt an all star. The thing is, I would argue that the mavs have Dirk, Jet, JHO, Devin, Damp as the only guys who are above average nba players and half the board would laugh at Damp being included in that list. Next you have Diop, Stack, AJ, Crosher and Buck who are average to slightly below average. I would put stack lower but that would bother some people. Diop would be lower too if not for the pathetic center situation in the nba right now. George, Ager, Pavel, Benga, and Pops i would all wager will be well below average nba players this year with Benga the only one who really has any prayer of being better than well below average THIS year.

That means the mavs have 10 players who are better than well below average. Do you really want to argue that because my well below average 11th and 12th men are better than your well below average 11th and 12th men?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote