View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I like it as:
1. Brady Quinn - If Notre Dame is in the title hunt at the end, and he stays healthy, he will win the Heisman. In part because he plays for Notre Dame, but mostly because he is one hell of a quarterback.
2. Adrian Peterson - The best RB in the nation. Should put up huge numbers, and if he stays healthy he should be right there.
3. Marshawn Lynch - Either you guys forgot about him or you just dont know who he is. Well he is good, Heisman good. Plus, Cal will be a very good team this year.
4. Rudy Carpenter - He'll have to beat USC and/or Cal on the road, but like Jake Plummer in '96, if he leads Arizona State to a Pac-10 title he will have a seat at the ceremony. Like Quinn for Notre Dame, Rudy will put up impressive stats (around 4,000 yards and 35 TDs).
5. Steve Slaton - I agree with five-o, he is the best player on a team that might just end up in the Championship game.
Honorable Mention:
Jamaal Charles, Tyrell Sutton, Dwayne Jarrett, Kenny Irons, Ted Ginn, Troy Smith

I dont think Tate, Leak, Brohm, or Wright will put up Heisman cailber stats and will only be considered if their teams play extremely well which probably only Florida in that group is capable of doing. Troy Smith probably wont get it either becaue OSU was picked to finish #1, and thats not going to happen, they will lose at least 2 games like they did in 2005. I dont think Smith will put up monster stats either.

Last edited by mavs413; 08-21-2006 at 10:19 PM.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote