View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #463
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Volquez showed flashes. That changeup is filthy. Everyone compares him to pedro but stuff wise he reminds me more of a right handed santana. We have flat out got to hit though. BTW, in the midst of all of this blalock is actually not sucking like many think. If he gets hot over the last month(i know about his splits) 300-20-100 isnt out of the question. Right now hes at 285-13-60something. Isnt that more towards what everyone wanted? Higher average fewer homers.
Yes, he seems to have pulled out of his major slump somewhat. Before these past few weeks though, he'd been pretty awful for several months, and of course against any lefty walking the earth.

Higher average fewer homers is certainly what I wanted, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to accept Hank for what he apparantly is, because he was supposed to be David Wright before David Wright was around.

I can't believe we couldn't hit Loiza up for more runs than that. That one bad break on the double play really killed us. That and Lee is been absolutely awful since we left Arlington.

Let me ask you this. If we lose at least one of the next two games, and continue to inch backwards, at what point do you think about flipping Lee for prospects, assuming he cleared waivers?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote