View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skip Bayless Article on Troy Aikman

[Link http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...bayless/060807[/link]

My biggest beef with the article is this statement
"And for the next four seasons, Aikman would be protected by the biggest, baddest offensive line in NFL history."
Yes it was a good Offensive line but i find it hilarious that an offensive line who wont have a single Hall of Famer is always called the greatest oline ever when downgrading Emmit and now troy. This has bothered me for a while largely because whenever people mention emmitt in the best rb ever debate they always dismiss him because of that great oline he played behind. Thats fine, if you want to dismiss him as such then the 90s cowboys need to have at least 3 and really 4 hall of famers from the Oline.(4 if you include Allen) Yes i know some of yall are saying but Larry Allen is a no doubt Hall of Famer so where are you getting this no Hall of famer stuff. Larry Allen wasnt drafted until 95. So for the bulk of the time the cowboys were great allen wasnt on the team. The supposed greatest Oline of all time was Williams, Tuinea, Newton, Stepnowski, and i forgot the other guard(was gogan still here?). So Im sure at least 3 of those guys are going to the hall right? Nope not a single one has a shot at it. This is why i laugh.

The mavericks now go through the same thing. When its time for MVP voting, Dirk plays on a loaded team with several all star caliber playersthat prevents him from being MVP worthy. When its time for all star voting though? No other mavs ever get mentioned.(they shouldnt btw)

So i guess in conclusion my point would be should we expect Bayless to start a campaign to get 3 of the afformentioned lineman into the hall considering it was the greatest oline ever?

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-09-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote