View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishForLunch
See I am not a Atheist, I just dont believe in organized religion. I feel that there is something supernatural, but since I cannot understand it, I personally choose to ignore it. My wife and children are religious I have no problem with that. I celebrate the holidays like everyone else in my family as a sort of custom or ritual, nothing more.
To an extent, I have to agree with you. Not the part about ignoring it, but the part about organized religion.

Let me give you an answer that a true bible pastor once gave me.
He asked: What is the difference between Religion and Christianity?

I gave him the usual church answer. He told me no.

He said all Religions: Baptist (of which I serve), Methodist, Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, and all the rest; all say "You Need To" --- then they go off on a self-serving methodology that starts by them increasing themselves and building power for themselves.

In true Christianity: Jesus said "It is done". All he asks for is for a person to believe. He claims to be all-powerful, and needs nothing from you. He gave, and if you want to be like him you will stop being self-serving and start giving. He didn't profit. He also tells you that he will handle it - No need for you to try to with your strength.

Think about it. Don't ignore it. But, study logically and count the costs.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote