View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 03:03 AM   #58
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Five-O, I was in a similar situation when I was 17 (I'm 21 now). My best friend's sister had lived with her mom in another city since she was 9 when their parents split but she just moved in with her Dad and my best friend and now went to the same high school as us. We both had early release our senior year and I would give her a ride home everyday. One day we were talking about school and I said I was struggling in my math class and she offered to help me. So I would then go to her house everday after school and she would help me with my math homework. After about two weeks, I started to sense that she liked me and I too was starting to wonder what it would be like if we were together. She was very pretty, probably the best looking girl in the school and smart, so I had to ask myself the same question that you have right now.

Then my best friend asked me if I liked her and I said "no she's just helping me with my math" and he said something like "well, I dont like that you are spending a lot of time with her when its just you two at the house", and I said "I understand but trust me, its nothing like that" He said that he trusted me and that he knew I blew at math so that it was OK. We laughed it off and that was the end of the conversation. My friend has always been real protective of her and has gotten into fights before because of guys saying certain remarks about her around him, not knowing hes her brother. And like your friend, he also played football, was a lineman, and could've crushed me.
After a little while longer, I felt that I had to give it a try with her and I told her about my earlier conversation with her brother and we both agreed that nobody should know. So for the next almost two years we would hang out and do everything that most couples that age do (eat, movies, bowling, get it on) all covert status. And it was actually really fun knowing we were doing all this stuff together and nobody knew anything.

I know this has turned into kind of a long story but I could presumably write a book about this as it went on for so long and all the lying, planning, and all the weird places we would chill at that we knew none of our friends/classmates would be at to bust us is pretty funny thinking back about it. Her and I still joke about it, a lot of "remember when....". One funny thing was everybody around school thinking she was gay because she seemed so uninterested in all of the other guys at the school and nobody could figure out why because she told people she didnt have a boyfriend.

It all depends on your friends personality and your gut feeling about how he would react. I had a good idea about how my friend would react so thats why I did what I did. And in hindsight, I'd say it was the right decision because he is still my best friend and his sister and I are still great friends and we still occasionally bone. niiice
Does this girl know that your interested in her? Does she know your concerns about your relationship with her brother if you two started dating? Get her thoughts before asking the friend. She might have the same concerns for you and maybe can help? Im sure she's thought about it like you have.