View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #26
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I've always been taught, never talk about Religion or Politics because they cause passionate and personal responses.

I simply refuse to hide under a bushel though - I'll let it shine.
I think more people would if they could just keep in mind that no one on this earth has the same experiences or internal wiring. We're all different. I look at your beliefs the way I would look at your preference for creamy peanut butter instead of chunky, it's just what you prefer (or in the case of beliefs, what makes sense to you). I know that beliefs are much more important than say, one's peanut butter preferences, but my point is that if you looked at others' beliefs as subjective, we'd all be more able to discuss what we believe. Besides, beliefs are merely how we interpret our existence, and we commonly allow different interpretations in how we see things at work, school, etc. so why not in this area too?

As long as no one makes judgments as to the moral reprehensibility of another's beliefs the discussion should be lively and enlightening. Easier said than done, I guess.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote