View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:49 PM   #44
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Actually, Odom is a forward in general. He can play both about equally. The thing is odom is a better passer and defender tha dirk but the passing margin is alot smaller and the defense margin is about the same. Dirk and odom are roughly equivalent rebounders and dirk is a VASTLY superior scorer. Essentially dirk has a huge edge in a category whereas i could make the argument that odom is better at literally everything than josh.

I dont think hes better at everything, i think josh is a better scorer and set shooter but im just saying there is nothing that josh has a huge edge in the way dirk does in scoring.

Well statistically the Lakers are better offensively and defensively when Odom plays the 4.

And as far as numbers go, Odom's always been a better rebounder, and WAY better passer (Dirk is nowhere near the passer Odom is). And as far as defense goes, you seriously underrate Josh's defense when you say Odom is a better defender by a fairly sizeable margin and then turn around and say he and Dirk are on par with each other.

FYI, Josh has quite the distance offensively when he can get 15 and half per game in 32.5mpg where as it takes Odom nearly 41mpg to average 14.8.

And for the record, i think Odom is the overall more talented player, but i don't think it's by the wide margin you think.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote