View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 PM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

USC is replacing their entire offense. Sure, they are immensely talented, but they have never been starters. If Booty plays well, they'll win. If he struggles, I think Arkansas has a shot.

The bigger problem, IMO, is whether Arkansas will be able to score. Robert Johnson was named starter. He's got all the talent in the world, but happy feet. And he tends to look short and NEVER long. Looks like Nutt decided to play the QB who "won't get you beat" rather than the one who will actually propel you to a win (Mustain). Arkansas running game is second to none's, but there's only so much you can do against a stacked box. Johnson will HAVE to prove he can throw.

And having McFadden back is great, but Felix Jones is only slightly less effective. If McFadden plays, I see him spending at least a few plays lined up out wide.

One thing I can guarantee you is this...that Arkansas crowd is going to be very, very good Saturday. We have a tendency of being a little more social and not as much into the game in Fayetteville. Not this one, though. This will be like texas in 03. So many people have renewed hope with the coaching changes, new offense, and coming off of a somewhat turnaround towards the end of last year that people are actually optimistic. Throw in the fact that USC raped us last year and people want revenge. 75-76,000 drunk hillbillies might be enough to make a difference...especially given USC's youth. Now if I could only find some tickets for less than $150 a pop!