View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #202
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

There was a time when it was necessary to go forth and multiply. Now you can have only one kid in China, what with all the overcrowding of the population. How do you reconcile something like this?
well bud, that was a command given to a specific group when there were no other people.

that is only a problem is one fails to use logic. For as you well pointed out, people never really had an issue populating...its all the other stuff that we've got issues with

and when I spoke to the commonality of people's "problms" from one generation to the next, I was thinking more of social issues (being peace makers, helping the poor, the widow, the orphan), personal/spiritual issues (loving your neighbor,your enemy, the problem of pride and arrogance, loving and serving God from a pure conscience and full heart, etc)

of course there are a very small number of ethical issues that we have thay the Biblical culture did not (cloning, stem cell, etc) but most moral issues that are common to men in our time, were also common to all men of all time. Dispite our advances in the realm of science, art, etc, humanity is still pretty much the same...that is what I meant that we have mostly the same "problems"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 09-01-2006 at 12:33 PM.