Thread: Andre Agassi
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #22
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

growing up with mcenroe and conners, it was a hard transformation to the next era of american players for me. although i recognize sampras, and to a much lesser extent, courier's greatness, i could never really get into their careers. i enjoyed watching chang play, but he was the tennis version of corey pavin, just not big or strong enough to handle the change of technology and the transformation from shotmakers to bangers.

but agassi, he's the one who kept me in the tennis loop. i've enjoyed watching the way his game and his life changed as he's matured. i found myself shedding a tear along with him after his match yesterday. he will be missed.

and now the search begins for a new american tennis icon. definitely not roddick. if its anyone, it'll be blake. maybe ginepri.

for the love of pete, deliver us a serve and volleyer.