Thread: Andre Agassi
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Andre is/was one of my all time favorite athletes. If I had to rank them, I'd say that he falls no further than the number 3 spot. It truly was difficult for me to watch his career end with his back completely limiting his ability to compete at his normal level. But, it was a joy watching him play at a high level in the first two rounds.

I've never followed an athlete this closely for this long. I've spent alot of time thinking about his career and how much it has meant to me as a sports fan. I truthfully felt like a part of my sports life died with his final match. Even though my interest in tennis has decreased over the years, my enjoyment in watching Agassi play has only risen. I honestly do not believe that another can take his place in tennis for me. His final match was a very tearful moment for me to say the least.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote