View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #15
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Daschle said of that, it "smacks of intimidation"

Here's a collection of accusations by the liberals at the time fo the Reagan brouhaha:
http://newsbusters.org/node/7477

"soviet style chill". heh, heh. That's a good one. I wonder what the NYTimes and Brian Williams will have to say about the Clinton attack on our free media?

Do ya'll remember Michael Moore sitting next to Carter? Do you remember the hugs he got from Democratic political leaders? Was his docu-drama more accurate, more valid, less deserving of government induced correction than the ABC tv miniseries?

Most conservative blogs and comments I've seen aren't accusing the Left of anything but hypocrisy. The early days of the Bush admin aren't going to look good in this miniseries, either. It sounds like C. Rice, in particular, will come out looking pretty bad. Republicans, though, are growing pretty thick skin over this sort of thing, and I think thanks to M. Moore and friends, people are starting to interpret "docu-dramas" as left leaning if not anti-right. This 9/11 - Clinton stuff, though, is just funny because we can see that the left just can't stand the taste of their own medicine.

When did a major network show F-911? Did they advertse it as being based on the 9/11 panel findings? What does M Moore have to do with anything? I am certainly not going to give Clinton a pass but to hear other conservatives using this miniseries as a reference to claim Clinton did nothing is weak. I have no problem with the GOP or the Dems wanting accurate info that refelects what happened. I give the people (GOP & Dems) who were present at the time the events took place the benefit of thew doubt as opposed to anything else. They may be lying but unless you have someone who was also present come out and claim they lied we will never know exactly what happened,

Last edited by George Gervin; 09-08-2006 at 09:32 AM.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote