View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasy Football talk

How about a thread for various and sundry fantasy football talk?

I have a trade on the table that I would appreciate your feedback on. This is in my $100-dollar league, so I'm being extra careful.

As I described in the other thread (and with a couple little changes since), here is my roster:

QB - Green, Vick (dropped Kitna for Vick)
RB - James, Dunn, C Taylor, Gore, Maroney
WR - S Smith, Boldin, Burleson, Matt Jones, Troy Williamson
TE - Gonzalez
K - Wilkins (dropped Gostkowski for him, though I do like Gostkowski)
DEF - Chicago

Obviously, I am hurting at QB these days. So I sent a feeler out to a buddy of mine who has Palmer. Here is what he offered:

Palmer
Joe Horn
Corey Dillon

for

Boldin
James
Vick

I think I have a little bit of depth at RB. But giving my top runner and my top receiver seems a stout price. Then again, I can't go lollygagging it around at QB. Questions for you:

1) How big do you think the difference is between Palmer and Vick/Green? Do you see Palmer having a big year still, despite his pedestrian play in the opener?

2) If Smith is healthy and productive, I have a nice 1-2 punch with Smith and Boldin. Can I afford to deal one of them for an upgrade at another spot? This league starts two RB's, two WR's, and a RB/WR slot.

3) I have Maroney on my team already, who I view as more valuable over the course of the year than Dillon. Agree, or disagree?

4) Would Horn or Dillon ever find the field on my team?

5) Should I just wait it out and go with Vick until Green gets healthy?

Thanks, as always, for your intelligent feedback. I feel like I have a good team, but I am worried like hell about the QB spot. The scoring in this league seems to make passing touchdowns highly valuable. And I guess I feel that, when I look at the rest of the teams in the league, I do have a surplus of talent on the bench and I want to use it as wisely as possible.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote