View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #64
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future
Default Here's some more info on it.....

Cowboys WR Owens suffers broken finger, out 2-4 weeks

September 18, 2006

IRVING, TEXAS (TICKER) -- Terrell Owens did not plan on leaving his home debut for the Dallas Cowboys with a broken finger.

The five-time Pro Bowl wide receiver suffered a broken right ring finger early in the first quarter of the Cowboys' 27-10 win over the Washington Redskins and is expected to miss two to four weeks.

Owens tried to play through the injury and caught three passes for 19 yards, but dropped a potential eight-yard touchdown in the first quarter.

"I did it (broke the finger) the second or third play of the game trying to make a block," Owens said. "I caught it in a player's jersey and I think I jammed my finger. I found out later it was broken."

Owens left in the fourth quarter and X-rays revealed the fracture.

"I'll have surgery within the next day or so and they'll probably put some pins in there," Owens said. "I could be out anywhere from two to four weeks, but I think I'm a quick healer."

Since the Cowboys (1-1) have a bye next week, Owens may miss just one game - the October 1 contest at Tennessee. He probably will not want to be out for the following week's game at Philadelphia, which suspended Owens last season for conduct detrimental to the team.

Signed to a three-year, $25 million contract in the offseason, Owens missed most of Dallas' preseason practices and all but one preseason game due to a hamstring injury. He caught six passes for 80 yards, including a 21-yard touchdown, in the Cowboys' season-opening 24-17 loss at Jacksonville last week.

Owens, 32, had 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns in just seven games last season before the Eagles deactivated him for conduct detrimental to the team. Owens had publicly criticized numerous members of the organization, including star quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Owens has 725 catches for 10,634 yards and 102 touchdowns in 144 career games.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote