View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Well even LOTR had some deviations that made it more marketable to the general public. I really hope they're patient with doing this....Jackson was obviously awesome and it would be a shame to see this movie tainted by someone with less talent (like Tim Burton, for example..YAK!)
I know.... but the only egregious error (in my opinion) he made was the blown up role of Arwen (and leaving out the Scouring of the Shire.... I mean at least on the extended edition........ but oh well). But according to reports he wants to bring back the roles that were in LOTR.... how would you explain that? Frodo and Sam? Sure it would be fun, but it wouldn't be factual.

edit: to add I would have liked to have seen Bombadil also.... at least a mention.... he is a mystery in the book and I thought that would add intrigue to the first movie....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-18-2006 at 09:30 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote