View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #54
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
I thought the entire article didn't need to take up space, so annotation...

kg, why doesn't the article address the question of somalia and bin laden? clinton made the point that no one believed of ANY connection of mogadishu and bin laden, in fact al queda wasn't even labeled or identified when somalia happended. rather than focus on the point made by clinton in regard to the interjection of "The Looming Tower" the author makes the claim that the book has "historically factual statements" when in fact it doesn't. it is fair to say that the author lied to the reader with that very point.
Do you ALWAYS try to change the subject?

Clinton said, "And I think it's very interesting that all the conservative Republicans, who now say I didn't do enough, claimed that I was too obsessed with bin Laden. All of President Bush's neo-cons thought I was too obsessed with bin Laden."

From the article: "As a little background, prior to the August 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Africa, there is hardly any mention of bin Laden by President Clinton in American news transcripts. For the most part, the first real discussion of the terrorist leader by the former president – or by any U.S. politicians or pundits for that matter – began after these bombings, and escalated after the American retaliation in Afghanistan a few weeks later."

The article clearly refutes Clinton's claim that "the conservative Republicans" thought he was too obsessed with bin Laden.

Quote:
the one name that comes to mind which supports clinton's assertion (and inexplicably missed by this author) is our own phil gramm, who would not support the bill on tighter controls on international money transfers thru the us banking system that the clinton administration proposed, saying it was "totalitarian". guess what, the almost identical bill was approved post 9/11 and is seen as an effective tool.
How does that support anything?

Quote:
were there some (such as the author pointed out) who weren't overly critical? absolutely. it may come as a surprise to some in the current administration but there have been times of cooperation between the two sides of the aisle
The issue is, who are these "conservative Republicans" who supposedly claimed that Clinton was obsessed with bin Laden? Where are the quotes from "all of President Bush's neo-cons" claiming that Clinton was obsessed with bin Laden? Answer: They don't exist. They are a wholesale fabrication by Clinton.

Quote:
is it fair to say that clinton exxagerated when he said that "all" the republicans? absolutely.
Is that what you call it these days? Exaggerating? The difference between ALL and NONE isn't exaggerating, Mavdog. It's LYING.